ISR Summer School
The ISR Summer School offers students from kindergarten (from 3 years) to 8th grade the opportunity to participate in something unique and exciting! Our Summer School students will be learning in a fun yet stimulating environment, with lots of games that improve their academic skills during the summer holidays. All classes are taught by native speaking teachers giving your child a great platform to improve their English or German. All language levels are welcome.
The contents of the lessons are adapted to suit the different age groups and age-appropriate workshops and leisure activities are offered. Each week, we offer a different program so that the fun factor is not lost and so that the children can enjoy a varied holiday experience. Every afternoon there will be lots of activities and workshops on campus. Wednesdays are ISR day out which means we are off on a field trip!
ISR Summer School 2018
In 2018, the ISR Summer School will run from 02–27 July. You may register for one, two, three, or all four weeks. You also have a choice between a half-day or full-day program.
- Half-Day Program: 09:00–12:30
- Full-Day Program: 09:00–16:00
- Academic classes taught each morning in the subjects of English, German and Mathematics along with IT projects
- Qualified teachers
- Games, field trips, and age appropriate activities each afternoon
- Additional supervision available starting at 8:00
- Upon request, transportation available through Wabbels
- Upon request, warm meals are freshly prepared on location by Broich Premium Catering
Themes for all age groups
Allow yourself to be amazed by the ISR Summer School program. Again, we will be offering different themes every week. Every participant will experience age appropriate class material, workshops, and free time activities. This year’s program and activities will follow shortly.
Students attending Summer School receive academic instruction taught in the following subject areas:
- English: English is not only the world language, but our regular language of instruction. Whether English is your native language or if you are just starting, there will be something to learn with new friends at any level.
- Mathematics: Challenging yet fun, tricky but enjoyable, students will be led through mathematical lessons, aimed at improving their numerical understanding and critical thinking.
- German: Native German speaking teachers correct and improve our student’s spoken and written German language skills. Classes are available for different levels of German from beginner to Native Speaker. These classes also help students who are new to Germany learn the language to help smoothly integrate them into the culture.
Lunchtime in the ISR Cafeteria, with warm meals offered by Broich Premium Catering.
Full-day students attending Summer School at ISR can select from a wide selection of activities in the afternoon. Every participant will experience age appropriate class material, workshops, and free time activities. The program will follow shortly.
Wednesdays are Field Trip Days!
Every Wednesday, full-day students on full-day are taken off school campus for a special treat and visit some of the most interesting and fun places that the local area has to offer. Here are some of the venues we visited last year. The program for 2018 will follow shortly.
Kindergarten & Grades 1–3
- Clip ’n Climb (climbing center)
- Okidoki Kinderland (indoor playground)
- Phantasialand (theme park)
- Duisburg Zoo
- and much more...