For the second time, we organized the “DFB-Paule-Schnupper-Abzeichen” on Friday, the 24th. Seventy girls and boys from ISR and neighbouring schools, dribbled, fitted and shot at the three stations in the ISR Sports Hall. No problem for the aspiring football talents, even though the station Elferkönig (penalty kickers) was a special challenge for some.
On Nov 23rd November we were pleased to welcome Mrs Martina Biermann, chairwoman of the “Duesseldorf Reads Out” network and Mr Heinz Mölder, president of the children foundation “Reading Educates”. Mrs Biermann held a four hour certified seminar on the topic “Different approaches and ways of reading aloud to a young audience” which was attended by seven IB CAS students as well as interested mothers. Our IB students will use what they learned in this seminar when they start conducting reading out sessions with primary students at the Görresschule Neuss in the upcoming months.
On Saturday November 18th the NEUSS-ERFTLAUF running event took place – ISR came out as #1 ! ! !
Here some of our successes:
- ISR had a total of 21 kids in the BAMBINI race over 400m!
- ISR won a trophy for the Neuss school with the highest number of runners (Teilnehmerstärkste Schule)!
- ISR then also won the prize the fastest Neuss School for the combined results of our 10 fastest runners (schnellste Neusser Schule)!
- Ben O. came out 1st in his race for U12 boys/girls, beating an ex-student of ours, Benedict D. by 12 seconds!
- Merlin R. was 3rd overall in the same race for U12
- Several other boys and girls ran in the U10 and U12 races and had a blast!
- Nikki Johnstone ran and won the 15K race
- Ms Lordeman ran her first ever 5K and totally rocked it! Amazing!
Last week the children in Kindergarten celebrated St. Martin by marching around the school while singing traditional German songs and carrying their self-made lanterns. Later that day a group of 180 students and parents enjoyed a wonderful St. Martin’s parade at our school.
Thanks to our cooperation with the Deutsche Bank, five of our 10th and 11th graders got a glimpse into the world of finance with the Deutsche Bank team on the Kö, led by Mr. Marcel Brünnen, Regional Manager for Deutsche Bank yesterday. The group got a chance to learn how Personal Banking, Private Banking and Business Banking departments in the bank operate and work together.
On 25th of October we were honoured by the visit of Mr Hiroyuki Mori, managing director of the Japanische Industrie- und Handelskammer zu Düsseldorf e. V. and the Japanischer Club Düsseldorf e. V. After showing him the school campus and explaining our school values and educational structure, we shared an interesting meeting on the evolution of the Japanese community within ISR and in Düsseldorf in general.
White spider webs, bright orange pumpkins and spooky décor all around – last weekend our partner, the American Women’s Club Düsseldorf (AWCD) celebrated its annual Halloween party at ISR. Around 150 guests, especially the younger visitors, had loads of fun decorating their own pumpkins, getting a scary face painted or dancing at the children’s disco with vampires, bats and glittering princesses.