Mission & Beliefs
Achieving academic excellence and acceptance to top universities is a priority at ISR International School on the Rhine. Students and parents who share the values and aspirations of the school are at the right school.
Together with the support of parents and the students’ willingness to work, ISR spares no effort to ensure that each and every student achieves his or her full potential. In fact, SABIS® educators foster learning and provide academic support with the following motto in mind: “No child fails in peace.”
ISR believes that...
- All students should be prepared for university and a life of continuous learning.
- All students should be helped to realize their full potential, empowering them to make informed decisions in life.
- All students should grow in confidence and self-esteem.
- The maximum possible “value” should be added to all aspects of each student’s education.
- All students should be encouraged to become well-rounded citizens who contribute positively to their communities.
ISR’s mission is that it will be recognized as a provider of top-quality education to a highly diverse student body. The school will strive to help all students achieve their full potential, prepare them for success in college, equip them with the ability and desire for lifelong learning, and strengthen their civic, ethical, and moral values. ISR will maintain high standards of efficiency and accountability throughout its operation.
- Provide a well-rounded education based on mastery of English, German, Mathematics and Science
- Enable students to acquire a firm command of a second language at a native level
- Train students in logical reasoning and critical thinking
- Strive to qualify every student for entrance into colleges/universities around the world
- Prepare students to be able to sustain an intellectual effort for long periods
- Generate excitement for lifelong learning
- Uphold high standards of ethical, moral and civic conduct
- Encourage informed decisions on social issues
- Teach students to defend convictions and reverse negative peer pressure
- Encourage participation in extra-curricular activities, school management and community work
- Foster tolerance, co-operation, guidance and teamwork
- Develop a true understanding of the peoples of the world through an appreciation of differences as well as similarities
At ISR, students are also encouraged to adopt the following principles:
- Always try.
- Do your best.
- Manage yourself.
- Treat others with respect.
- Cooperate and actively help others.
- Respect the property and rights of others.
The SABIS® Core Purpose is to provide an outstanding education at a reasonable cost and help all students achieve their full potential.
SABIS® Core Values contribute to reaching high efficiency and high standards. The values are embedded within every SABIS® Network School and include:
- Practicing honesty and integrity
- Upholding our principles at all cost and at all times
- Continually improving and never becoming complacent
- Emphasizing quality before profit
- Making a difference
- Recognizing and rewarding efficiency, loyalty, and commitment