ISR Summer School
The ISR Summer School offers an opportunity for ISR and non-ISR students in Kindergarten (age 3) up through Grade 8 to participate in a unique experience in an international multilingual school environment which is both educational and fun.
Students in the ISR Summer School program learn and play in the safe and stimulating environment of the ISR International School on the Rhine, located in Neuss near Düsseldorf.
ISR Summer School 2017
In 2017, the ISR Summer School will run from 10 July – 04 August. You may register for one, two, three, or all four weeks. You also have a choice between a half-day or full-day program.
Summer School 2017
The new program 2017 will follow shortly.
- Half-Day Program: 09:00–12:30
- Full-Day Program: 09:00–16:00
- Academic classes taught each morning in the subjects of English, German and Mathematics along with IT projects
- Qualified teachers
- Games, field trips, and age appropriate activities each afternoon
- Additional supervision available starting at 8:00
- Upon request, transportation available through Wabbels
- Upon request, warm meals are freshly prepared on location by Broich Premium Catering
Themes for all age groups
Allow yourself to be amazed by the ISR Summer School program. Again, we will be offering different themes every week. Every participant will experience age appropriate class material, workshops, and free time activities. Take a peek at which themes will be offered this summer: Please see the “Themes for all Age Groups” and “Activities for all age groups” (changes may apply, depending on our external providers’ availability).
Students attending Summer School receive academic instruction taught in the following subject areas:
- English: English is not only the world language, but our regular language of instruction. Whether English is your native language or if you are just starting, there will be something to learn with new friends at any level.
- Mathematics: Challenging yet fun, tricky but enjoyable, students will be led through mathematical lessons, aimed at improving their numerical understanding and critical thinking.
- German: Native German speaking teachers correct and improve our student’s spoken and written German language skills. Classes are available for different levels of German from beginner to Native Speaker. These classes also help students who are new to Germany learn the language to help smoothly integrate them into the culture.
- IT: Become prepared to face the demands of a technological age with confidence. Get involved with cool projects like creating your own game, collage, storyboard, morphing video or designing your own room in 3D. Develop the ability to understand programming languages and the most important: learn to think twice and code once!
Lunchtime in the ISR Cafeteria, with warm meals offered by Broich Premium Catering.
Full-day students attending Summer School at ISR can select from a wide selection of activities in the afternoon. Every participant will experience age appropriate class material, workshops, and free time activities. Take a peek at which themes will be offered this summer (may be subject to change): Please see the “Themes for all Age Groups” and “Activities for all age groups”.
Wednesdays are Field Trip Days!
Every Wednesday, full-day students on full-day are taken off school campus for a special treat and visit some of the most interesting and fun places that the local area has to offer. Here are some of the venues we will be visiting this year (all dates and venues will be published soon). Activities are subjected to change.
Kindergarten & Grades 1–3
- Clip ’n Climb (climbing center)
- Okidoki Kinderland (indoor playground)
- Phantasialand (theme park)
- Duisburg Zoo
- and much more...
* Please note that some changes may be made with our contract partners in the near future. Therefore, we accept no liability arising from changes and mistakes.
Head of ISR Summer School 2017