At ISR, our teachers are our strength!
ISR’s teaching staff is international, open-minded and highly dedicated to their fields of teaching. Our teachers are passionate!
All teachers who work at ISR are fully qualified to teach and possess the necessary degrees and teaching certificates.
All teachers who join ISR are required to participate in a 2-week orientation training program in August, during which all aspects of teaching in a SABIS® Network School are explored in detail. As a licensee of SABIS® Educational System™, ISR receives Teacher Training modules from the SABIS® Professional Development Institute before the start of each academic year. These training modules set out clear objectives for each workshop such as:
- introducing the SABIS® philosophy of education
- explanation and practical application of the SABIS Point System® of Teaching
- identifying optimum classroom management strategies and techniques
- highlighting the teaching tools at our finger tips and
- presenting practical guidelines on intervention mechanisms that lay the foundation for maximizing both teaching and learning opportunities and outcomes.
Returning teachers attend seminars on SABIS® teaching and testing methods and refresh their knowledge of SSMS modules during the orientation week in August and three in-service days held throughout the academic year.
These 3 in-service days’ programs are developed appropriately to address training gaps that manifest during the school year. Administrators are asked to provide topics of interest prior to in-service days in an attempt to focus on the most current and pressing issues.
In addition to the in-house professional development, teachers and academic support staff attend external teacher training workshops. These include, but are not limited to, designated workshops in their subject specialty for teachers preparing students for external examinations such as IGCSE and the IB Diploma.